If you are looking to change the overall look of you garden then you should know about garden pebbles using which you can transform your garden. The main reason of using garden pebbles is that they can handle harsh weather conditions so that you don’t have to worry about surface. You will not need to spend a lot of time in maintaining the garden pebbles. This is perhaps the easiest and most amazing way to change the look of your exterior landscape. It is also the quickest option you will ever find but make sure you know the basics and beyond.
In the market, you will find a wide and extensive variety of affordable and colorful garden pebbles to be most creative. The most significant aspect of using these pebbles is that these are easy to maintain and therefore you can retain the eye-catching look and appeal of your garden easily.
Reasons to Use
Apart from the pleasant look, there are several other reasons to use garden pebbles and some of the most notable benefits are:
- These pebbles are extremely durable. These can withstand the elements of nature and almost any level of fluctuations in the natural temperature. These are therefore also very effective for areas around a fireplace or the stove.
- If you have plants on a container then you can uses these pebbles for mulching and make the container look better.
It is safe to use and you will have no problems in walking on it as the surfaces of the pebbles are flush to offer more traction and prevent slipping.
Tips to Choose the Right Stone
You will need to choose the right type of garden pebbles from the different types available for proper landscape use. Each of this type is suited for different use which is why making the right selection is so important to enhance the garden setting. Size of the pebbles is the primary factor to consider from the various types. Similarly, you will also have to consider the texture of the stones as well. Here are some choices for rocks and stones you can make:
- Gravel: Usually rough, these are broken from larger pieces of rock.
- Pebbles: These are natural and the smallest of all garden pebbles typically having about 2.5 inches diameter.
- Custom: You can have personalized or engraved stones as well to add a different meaning to the landscape.
- Boulders: Also called glacial boulders these are natural rocks typically used to create borders or low walls along pathways.
- Cobblestones: These are manufactured stone having a fairly uniform size and shape. Often rounded, these provide an interesting pictorial impact on a slightly bumpy path surface.
- Paddle-stones: Ideally used for flatter surfaces for easy navigation these manufactured stones are similar to cobblestones.
Even man-made stones are available that can mimic natural appearance and look very organic and attractive. Having uniform shape and size these are easier to work with.
The Creative Ways
To use the garden pebbles properly for landscaping, you can be as creative as you can. Here are a few amazing ways:
- Cover strip drains or grates over spillover to decorate it, add contrast and texture without hindering the drainage and water flow.
- Cover any eyesore on the ground, uneven corner, eroding pathway, or unkempt lawn with these pebbles and add great colour feature and an instant facelift.
- Cover the base of any tree in your garden to make it more visually appealing.
- You can also make your walkway multi-textured by filling it with different colors to provide more movement and a better continuity.
Design your outdoor living space with these garden pebbles to provide the desired hard or soft ration to the non-compliant areas around the tables, benches, and lounges. Pebbles are the best way for underwater landscaping. You can use stones of different sizes to create a ground cover or even a hill.